In the Seattle Library
The Seattle library has 5 conference rooms available for public use on the sixth floor of the King County Courthouse. All rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Conference Rooms 1-4 are located on the north-side of the library. Two of these are smaller meeting rooms that seat 3-5 people comfortably and the other two are larger rooms that seat 6-8 people around the tables with plenty of space left for more people around the room. Conference Room 5 is located at the south-end of the library and is one of our larger rooms that comfortably holds 6-8 people or more. Food & beverages are allowed in all of the conference rooms. The Legal Research and Training Center (LRTC) is also available for reservation (no walk-in use), subject to availability.
In the Kent Library
The Kent library in the MRJC has 1 conference room available for public use on a first-come, first-served basis and for reservation. This room seats 4-6 people comfortably.
Reserving a Conference Room
The following fees and conditions apply:
- For members of the Public Law Library's Subscriber Program, the hourly fee is $15.00.
- For all others, the hourly fee is $20.00. The fee is waived for local, State and Federal government agencies.
- The rooms are reserved in 30-minute blocks.
- Single-day reservations must be paid in-full on the day of the reservation.
- New! Add our Amenities Tray to any conference room reservation for an additional charge of $25. The tray contains items such as granola bars, bottled water, tissues, and basic office supplies (legal pads, pens, stapler, tape, etc.).
- 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be cancelled within 24 hours or the reserving party will be held responsible for the full cost of the room reservation.
To reserve a conference room in the Seattle library, please call (206) 477-1305. To reserve a conference room in the Kent library, please call (206) 477-1316.
Legal Clinic Reservations
The Seattle library currently hosts four legal clinics that have standing reservations for conference rooms. Consult the legal clinics page for specific days and times.