In the Seattle Library
The Seattle library has 5 conference rooms available for public use on the sixth floor of the King County Courthouse. All rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Conference Rooms 1-4 are located on the north-side of the library. Two of these are smaller meeting rooms that seat 3-5 people comfortably and the other two are larger rooms that seat 6-8 people around the tables with plenty of space left for more people around the room. Conference Room 5 is located at the south-end of the library and is one of our larger rooms that comfortably holds 6-8 people or more. Food & beverages are allowed in all of the conference rooms. The Legal Research and Training Center (LRTC) is also available for reservation (no walk-in use), subject to availability.
In the Kent Library
The Kent library in the MRJC has 1 conference room available for public use on a first-come, first-served basis and for reservation. This room seats 4-6 people comfortably.
Reserving a Conference Room
To reserve a conference room in the Seattle library, please call (206) 477-1305. To reserve a conference room in the Kent library, please call (206) 477-1316. The following fees and conditions apply:
- For members of the Public Law Library's Subscriber Program, the hourly fee is $15.00.
- For all others, the hourly fee is $20.00. The fee is waived for local, State and Federal government agencies.
- The rooms are reserved in 30-minute blocks.
- Single-day reservations must be paid in-full on the day of the reservation.
- New! Add our Amenities Tray to any conference room reservation for an additional charge of $25. The tray contains items such as granola bars, bottled water, tissues, and basic office supplies (legal pads, pens, stapler, tape, etc.).
Legal Clinic Reservations
The Seattle library currently hosts four legal clinics that have standing reservations for conference rooms. Consult the legal clinics page for specific days and times.