Legal glossaries help explain various legal terms and ideas. There are a number of glossaries focused on Washington state law which may be helpful when trying to understand legal concepts, language, and ideas. These resources can be useful when trying to navigate the legal system.
Season's greetings from the staff of the Public Law Library of King County!
Please note the following important closure information:
- Friday, December 19th: MRJC Library closes for the day at 11am; Seattle Library open normal hours (8am to 5pm)
- Wednesday, December 24th: Seattle and MRJC Libraries close at 2pm
- Thursday, December 25th and Thursday, January 1st: Seattle and MRJC Libraries closed
Notice of Special Meeting
Public Law Library of King County
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
King County Courthouse Room JCR912
For the purpose of receiving the proposed 2015 budget.
This link leads to a PDF document written by the staff at the Northwest Justice Project discussing the following issues related to the purchase of a used car in Washington State:
- The car dealer did not offer any warranties (guarantees) on my used car. Does this mean that my car is not covered by any warranties even if it develops major problems soon after I bought it?
- What is an implied warranty of merchantability? ...
Highlights from the 2013 Annual Report include receiving grant funding for the Video Visits program, a profile of reference questions asked in 2013 and much more! Pick up a color copy in print at the Library while supplies last. Two .pdf versions are available:
The Washington State chapter of the ACLU has posted a link to...